I got asked today by one of my best friends what was happening with my blog. How terrible of me, it has been completely neglected. I last blogged almost… a month and a half ago. Deary me, that is appalling. I sincerely apologise. It’s been so long that my Google Analytics disconnected itself and I have NO spam comments. Yesterday, blog virtuoso and friend Abimarvel reminded me it was my God given right to blog (sp). So I shall give you a quick rundown on where I’ve been, since I haven’t been blogging and get right back onto this. Because it’s not like I haven’t been doing stuff. I’ve been doing too much is the issue.
1. I was in the London 2012 Opening Ceremony as a dancer in the Thanks Tim section. From July onwards, most of my free time was spent rehearsing (in the rain) for The Greatest Show on Earth. I shall wax lyrical a bit later, and here are some photos to show you that I’m not telling pies and also that I now own a “Frankie Say Relax” T-Shirt. Not “Frankie Says Relax” because those aren’t the real deal. Ha!
LOOK THERE I AM
Here I am again.
Gosh I’m adorable
Myself and my very good friend Bee, in his 70s Freddie Mercury costume and myself in my 80s/90s Raver costume.
2. I spent a lot of time at the Olympics, because I got a few tickets, luckily have siblings who also got tickets, and additionally have friends who got tickets. The atmosphere in London was simply electric. There are no other words. I also got to athlete bother two of my utmost favourites, Jessica Ennis and Greg Rutherford (phwoar) as someone mentioned that they were passing so I hotfooted it after them. In the rain. With holey shoes. They were SO NICE. Their minders didn’t want them to stop as they were going to interviews but Greg Rutherford stopped and everything.
Terrible angle, but yes you can appreciate the gorgeous ginger power. And yes I did ask him if people say he looks like Neil Patrick Harris. He responded “All the time.”
Nobody spotted Jennis because she was walking with her hood up, but I did! I was going to tell her how gorgeous she is but I didn’t want to seem creepier than I already was.
3. Due to both of the above I’ve barely been fashionising. There is nothing quite like having the Olympics in your home town. And I’m wonderful at procrastination so I’ve kept putting off blogging, then putting some time aside, but then getting overwhelmed with the amount I have to do…so putting it off again…
Happy as a clam
4. On Thursday I went to my first fashion event in a while, the launch of Plongée Clothing (pronounced Plaun-jay as opposed to Plon-gi as I say) invited by the wonderful Nik Thakkar at the lovely Riding House Cafe. Named after the French word for ‘diving’ (plunge, geddit?), the label is a collection of classic separates inspired by the ease of lifestyle in the South of France, for those who love effortless dressing that doesn’t need to be brash, OTT or flashy, with lots of detailing which is extremely well priced for the quality, I was pleasantly surprised to say.
It was a delightful evening tempered with lots (and lots of dessert). I had a filling two days prior and my dentist told me off for eating too many sweets. Well, I regret (mostly) nothing.
The little diver is pink because I have a vagina.
5. I am also moving to New York in a few weeks for permsies. I can do that thanks to my wonderful mother, as I hold US residency. Ergo, I will do that. More on that later.
And yes I will blog sooner expanding on all these points, and more! And keep your eyes out for a redesign also.
xxxo and all that – Sabrina
Photos taken on a Fujifilm X10 courtesy of TALK PR