Archive | What's Poppin' RSS feed for this section
Even though I’ve only lived here for just under two months, I’ve managed to experience three hurricanes overall, Hanna, Irene and now Sandy. Perhaps Romney should put them in his binder.
I live inland so I’ll be fine and am not in the danger zone because if I was I would have to call Kenny Loggins. Due to the weather, but mostly because Halloween falls on a weekday this year, Saturday night was the Halloween night du jour. Twas my first time experiencing an American Halloween, and it was pretty cool. I am now realising that there were more options for costumes that I could have done…
I was going to be Lana from Archer, but I couldn’t find out where to get a slutty sweater dress (I mean, who still wears those?) and I unfortunately do not own any thigh high boots. And don’t even get me started on those Fiacci knockoffs. I know it’s still unseasonably warm but ah…
Instead I was a poor mans Tigger, or Hobbes which is what most Americans thought I was in my Primark onesie. Ah well… next year eh? The level of detail and effort the Americans put in to their costumes is magnificent, as their limey relation, I was rather jealous.
It’s Hip to be Square
I got asked today by one of my best friends what was happening with my blog. How terrible of me, it has been completely neglected. I last blogged almost… a month and a half ago. Deary me, that is appalling. I sincerely apologise. It’s been so long that my Google Analytics disconnected itself and I have NO spam comments. Yesterday, blog virtuoso and friend Abimarvel reminded me it was my God given right to blog (sp). So I shall give you a quick rundown on where I’ve been, since I haven’t been blogging and get right back onto this. Because it’s not like I haven’t been doing stuff. I’ve been doing too much is the issue.
1. I was in the London 2012 Opening Ceremony as a dancer in the Thanks Tim section. From July onwards, most of my free time was spent rehearsing (in the rain) for The Greatest Show on Earth. I shall wax lyrical a bit later, and here are some photos to show you that I’m not telling pies and also that I now own a “Frankie Say Relax” T-Shirt. Not “Frankie Says Relax” because those aren’t the real deal. Ha!
LOOK THERE I AM
Here I am again.
Gosh I’m adorable
Myself and my very good friend Bee, in his 70s Freddie Mercury costume and myself in my 80s/90s Raver costume.
2. I spent a lot of time at the Olympics, because I got a few tickets, luckily have siblings who also got tickets, and additionally have friends who got tickets. The atmosphere in London was simply electric. There are no other words. I also got to athlete bother two of my utmost favourites, Jessica Ennis and Greg Rutherford (phwoar) as someone mentioned that they were passing so I hotfooted it after them. In the rain. With holey shoes. They were SO NICE. Their minders didn’t want them to stop as they were going to interviews but Greg Rutherford stopped and everything.
Terrible angle, but yes you can appreciate the gorgeous ginger power. And yes I did ask him if people say he looks like Neil Patrick Harris. He responded “All the time.”
Nobody spotted Jennis because she was walking with her hood up, but I did! I was going to tell her how gorgeous she is but I didn’t want to seem creepier than I already was.
3. Due to both of the above I’ve barely been fashionising. There is nothing quite like having the Olympics in your home town. And I’m wonderful at procrastination so I’ve kept putting off blogging, then putting some time aside, but then getting overwhelmed with the amount I have to do…so putting it off again…
Happy as a clam
4. On Thursday I went to my first fashion event in a while, the launch of Plongée Clothing (pronounced Plaun-jay as opposed to Plon-gi as I say) invited by the wonderful Nik Thakkar at the lovely Riding House Cafe. Named after the French word for ‘diving’ (plunge, geddit?), the label is a collection of classic separates inspired by the ease of lifestyle in the South of France, for those who love effortless dressing that doesn’t need to be brash, OTT or flashy, with lots of detailing which is extremely well priced for the quality, I was pleasantly surprised to say.
It was a delightful evening tempered with lots (and lots of dessert). I had a filling two days prior and my dentist told me off for eating too many sweets. Well, I regret (mostly) nothing.
The little diver is pink because I have a vagina.
5. I am also moving to New York in a few weeks for permsies. I can do that thanks to my wonderful mother, as I hold US residency. Ergo, I will do that. More on that later.
And yes I will blog sooner expanding on all these points, and more! And keep your eyes out for a redesign also.
xxxo and all that – Sabrina
Photos taken on a Fujifilm X10 courtesy of TALK PR
Since I’ve been sorting domain and hosting stuff, I have a whole bunch of posts on on my dashboard to be published (yes it’s true! It’s really true!) including the review of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, but for the meanwhile, please enjoy a selection of photos I took with the Nexus:
Photo taken on Samsung Galaxy Nexus courtesy of Vodafone UK
Review coming soon.
One of my resolutions was to blog more regularly. I’ve failed on that, mainly because of being busy, and also having too many things to blog.
You’d think that was a boon and would make it much easier to blog every day. However, when you don’t get the time to sit down and write a post, things build up and I’m less likely to blog. Vicious cycle huh?
*sigh* Streamlining and rethinking quite a few things in my life right now. Please bear with me dear readers. I have been Tumbling a lot more – I haven’t completely disappeared, it’s just been easier to share photos and gifs at present.
One of the things I’ve been doing is taking a lot more photos. I took this photo after visiting the ‘Words Words Words’ pop-up in Selfridges. You pull a handle, and a fortune pops out. You’re actually supposed to return the ball, but the nice lady said I could keep it. Isn’t it a pretty picture? I took it at night, under the glow of the main entrance.
Also I bloody well hope 2012 will be well-defined.
Photo taken on a FujiFilm X10 courtesy of BEAM PR
Top: Charlize Theron; Jessica Alba, Heidi Klum, Jessica Biel, Diane Lane.
Bottom: Kristen Wiig; Elle MacPherson; Katharine McPhee; Julie Bowen; and Piper Perabo in one of the ugliest dresses I have seen on red carpet.
However there was one nude dress that stood out. If only for this tweet…
Images via Getty
Check out my camera skills. The 0 failed but you get it. Keep your eyes peeled for more exciting pictures coming your way.
Photo taken on a Fujifilm X10 courtesy of BEAM PR.
Sorry readers for being AWOL, I’ve been busy being a decent citizen, but Happy New Year to all and sundry and thanks for reading TSoS and making this year so
Here’s to 2012!
I know I have a habit of disappearing, I do apologise, it’s been a busy busy week. I am back and updating on all my activities, the Brick Lane Rokit x TSoS windows, my Blackberry madness, and MTV and Swatch news.
Await a flurry of posts clogging up your RSS Readers…
You can swim on the beach at Galveston Island, just not next to the rocks.
The picture is misleading, I admit.
By AHRALL payday loan
Subscribe to TSoS
- A Sad Tale
- Advertising Campaigns
- Behind The Scenes
- BRAIN FART
- Eye Candy
- Fashion on Road
- Fashion Weeks
- FREE STUFF
- GIF TIME
- Guest Post Time
- LFW AW10
- LFW SS11
- Limited Edition
- Make Upz
- Man Candy
- NYFW SS11
- Poor East London Mandem's Fashion Tips/Customisation
- Press Days
- Press Trips
- Sabrina likes
- Social Media
- Social Responsibility
- Street Stylins'
- Things to Do
- TREAT YOURSELF 2011
- TSoS TV
- TSoS US
- What's Poppin'
- April 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
What is The Science of Style?
I am Sabrina, someone who loved fashion and fell into it purely by accident. I'm an accidental stylist (truly an accident) and journalist. I also know a lot about the internet and social media. I have worked for MTV, Time Out, The Sunday Times Style and Cosmpolitan to name a few. My portfolio has nice photos. Once I had to dance up on Kevin Bacon dressed as a tiger.
Follow @thisisthebang on Twitter